Davies Group Webinar
Sponsored by Sens√©e
Wednesday 7th April 2021 at 2pm (BST) / 9am (EDT)
New ways of working; new commercial models; new employee engagement initiatives; new patterns of resourcing; new relationship expectations; new tech; no limits.
Can the outsourcing industry adapt? Can it even see what is needed? How will the outsourcing phoenix arise?
You are invited to join this¬†webinar session ¬†‘Has 2020 killed the traditional BPO industry? And, if so, what‚Äôs coming next?’ to explore the future of the BPO industry as Davies Group¬†questions whether service outsourcing should and can arise in 2021 and beyond.
Davies Consulting and Sens√©e will be joined by guests from Department of Work and Pensions, Vodafone and Bupa as they discuss the following questions…
- How relevant are traditional BPO and customer management outsourcing organisations now?
- How do they sustainably service a virtual, dynamic workforce increasingly being augmented or replaced by intelligent automation (IA)?
- How does this impact their commercial models?
- Are they equipped to service the wellbeing needs of their colleagues?
- Can they innovate effectively enough?
Date: 18th February 2021
Time: 10am to 11.30am
Chair: Sandra Busby, Chair, Welsh Contact Centre Forum
Are you having problems with absenteeism and attrition? Engagement and productivity? People isolation and motivation? Team Leader and adviser training? Worried that these problems are getting worse rather than going away?
You‚Äôre not alone. In a recent study of over 100 of the UK‚Äôs largest businesses, 74% said they thought that ‚Äėcommunicating effectively with homeworkers‚Äô would be just as big a problem in 2021 as it was in 2020, while 66% thought similarly about ‚Äėemployee engagement/motivation‚Äô.
In this online workshop, we examine what communications systems & processes are necessary to create an effective work-from-home (WFH) environment.¬†The workshop¬†will cover:
- The Recruitment, On-Boarding and Induction Training Process
- General WFH Communications (Team Leader-to-Adviser, Adviser-to-Adviser, Corporate Comms etc.)
- The Resource Scheduling Process
- WFH Communications Security and Compliance
10.00 – 10.05: Introductions and agenda (Sandra Busby, WCCF)
10.05 – 10.20: The benefits of homeworking (Mark Walton, Sens√©e)
10.20 – 10.40: Demo: Building a WFH Comms System that‚Äôs Fit-for-Purpose (Steve Mosser, Sens√©e)
10.40 – 11.30: Question and Answer session (Sandra Busby, WCCF: Mark Walton, Sens√©e; Steve Mosser, Sens√©e)
To register your attendance simply send your name, email, company and job title to Lucinda Butler at the Welsh Contact Centre Forum¬†firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucinda¬†will send a Zoom link and joining instructions to registrants a week before the online workshop.